Temporary Procedures in light of Covid-19
- I will be carrying on Notarial work during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- I will not be conducting any physical meetings with clients in the office.
- Clients must email a scanned copy of their Photo ID and proof of address (i.e. a recent utility bill) to email@example.com in advance of an arranged appointment.
- Clients should email copies of the documents requiring execution, authentication etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will then arrange a mutually convenient appointment with the client.
- I will email the client a copy of my GDPR consent, which they must print off, sign, scan and email back to me and/or bring the signed original to our appointment.
- I will prepare or draft the document or Certificate required by the client.
- Clients travelling by car should pull up outside the office (Eircode: X91E7K4). Clients should remain insider their vehicle and then phone me 051 320315.
- Clients should bring their original proof of ID and their own pen to the appointment.
- I will then come out and inspect the original IDs and witness the execution of the document.
- I will leave the original document with the client.
- I will not be sending documents to the DFA for an Apostille, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All appointments must be paid for in advance electronically. Details will be furnished upon request.
Paul Murran has been appointed a Notary Public by Ireland’s Chief of Justice. A Notary Public is a public officer who serves the public in non-contentious matters usually concerned with foreign or international business.
Among the notary services that Paul can carry out are the following;
- Authenticating documents;
- Witnessing and proving signatures to documents;
- Administering oaths;
- Taking Affidavits (other than for Courts in Ireland); and
- Drawing up of Powers of Authority and other legal documents customarily prepared by Notaries Public.
The services of a Notary Public are generally required in relation to foreign adoption papers, Affidavits used for foreign Courts, copies of State documents for use abroad, International contracts and Powers of Attorney.
There is no set fee for Notarial services. The Notary will charge an appropriate professional fee that reflects the cost of the Notary’s services in terms of time, skill and responsibility, similar to other professional service providers.
The Notary will require sight of at least two of the following forms of identity:
- Current Passport
- Current Driving Licence
- Original Utility Bill (less than 3 months old)
For further information regarding Notarial services, please contact email@example.com