Peter O’Connor & Son LLP is proud to announce that we have signed the Gender Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Charter, approved by the Law Society of Ireland. While gender equality and diversity have improved in recent years, there is still a long way to go before we reach full equality.
As signatories of this Charter, we commit to treating all individuals fairly and equally. We are committed to creating and continuously improving an inclusive workplace at Peter O’Connor and Sons.
We Commit to:
- Recognise the individual needs of those we employ and support them to develop to their full potential.
- Ensure equal access to opportunities for those we employ.
- Ensure our policies, procedures and processes promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Carry out our work without bias in a respectful and non-discriminatory manner.
- Build awareness and understanding of the benefits of promoting gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- We are committed to creating and continuously improving an inclusive workplace at Peter O’Connor and Son LLP.
What are gender equality and diversity?
Gender equality and diversity mean the inclusion of all people, irrespective of race, gender, ethnic group, age, education, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, mental and physical conditions, and other qualities.
How this benefits business?
We believe creating an inclusive work environment provides countless benefits to both the organisation and individuals.
- By adopting gender equality and diversity, organisations gain access to a broader talent pool. This is the result of all members of society having access to their recruitment processes, this results in more competent employees, which translates into increased productivity.
- Creating an inclusive working environment empowers staff, leading to improved social cohesion, both in the workplace and in society. In this highly productive and effective environment, work satisfaction increases, leading to greater employee engagement and retention, leading to greater productivity.
- Creating family-friendly work designs further boosts inclusivity, enabling staff to maintain a greater work-life balance while meeting their families needs.
Contact us for a legal team that cares for those we serve.